Medi-Mints™: It's Only Natural!
Medi-Mints are available in these preparations.
Wedgewood Pharmacy's exclusive Medi-Mints dosage-form takes advantage of many horses' affinity for this natural taste. By combining common equine medications with the mint flavor that many horses love, Medi-Mints provide one more option that may help improve compliance. It's only natural.
We care about the high cost of non-compliance.
An animal's compliance with medication regimes is not a joke when compliance makes the difference between good health and illness. An animal's health, of course, is tied to compliance. But did you know that horse owners’ frustration with medicating their animals is tied directly to the profitability of your practice?
These facts from recent research may surprise you:
- The rate of compliance for chronic medication is just 76%. That means an astounding 24% of pets aren't being treated with the medications they need to live healthy lives — and in some cases, simply to live.
- Animal owners who are shown one or more ways to administer medication had a significantly higher rate of compliance (73% vs. 59% for those not shown). Yet, only 43% of practices show animal owners how to administer medication.
- 60% of owners would pay more for medication that is palatable or easy to administer.
- 93% of veterinarians say that compliance monitoring has a positive impact on their practice.
- 72% of animal owners would like to receive information in writing about their pets' medication so they could refer back to it.
Here are 8 ways to make non-compliance a non-issue:
- Give owners information about the dangers of non-compliance.
- Give owners simple, detailed instructions and easy administration techniques.
- Prescribe medications that taste good.
- Prescribe medications that are small and easy to administer.
- Prescribe medications that are more affordable, when possible.
- Provide automated refill reminders.
- Make it easier, safer and more convenient for pet owners to get the medications they need.
- Increase communication and follow-up with pet owners.
We care about doing our part.
We're committed to ensuring that your patients not only receive the proper medications they need, but also continue to take them as prescribed. You can turn to us for hard-to-find medications, smaller-than-a-Tic-® Tiny Tabs®, Bitter-Block™, Low-Dust Granules, Medi-Melts®, Quad
tabs®, Tiny Tabs®, the Twist-a-Dose® transdermal gel applicator, the Twist-a-Taste® oral gel applicator, more than 30 animal-friendly flavors like fish, liver, chicken, beef, and tutti-frutti, and custom-compounded medications to meet your exact specifications. You and your clients also can turn to our online learning center for scores of professional monographs, medication information for pet owners and hundreds of articles from our partner, PetMD.
Turn to Wedgewood Pharmacy to help maintain the health of the animals in your care.
As one of the nation's largest compounding pharmacies, our specialized compounding pharmacists have helped to solve unique medication problems for animal-health practitioners since 1981. Serving more than 30,000 human-health and animal-health prescribers, we have the experience and resources to help you to solve many complex medication-compliance issues.
If you do not find the specific compounded medication, dosage form and/or flavor that meets your needs, please call our customer care specialists at 877.357.6613.