Housecall and Mobile
Compounding Pharmacy Services for Housecall and Mobile Veterinarians
We care the way you care about convenience, quality and value — all day, every day.
When manufactured drugs are not available and you turn to custom-compounded medications, you must know that the people preparing every prescription you write care the way you care … about your patients, your clients, your reputation and the health of your mobile veterinary business.
When your mobile veterinary practice hits the road, you may be traveling to treat a multimillion-dollar equine athlete or a pet whose value is measured in the love lavished upon her. You may work from a car, a pickup truck, a van with an insert or a state-of-art rig with all the digital trimmings. But however you arrive at a breeding barn, a stable, a community center or a center-hall Colonial on a suburban cul-de-sac, your challenges as an mobile practitioner are the same.
With insurance, maintenance and fuel costs on the rise, cost and inventory control are more important than ever. And given your non-traditional hours, the "free" time you have to prescribe or order compounded medications may well be at 3 a.m. While quality, reliability and consistency always have been critical to your choice of a compounding pharmacy, value and service are more important than ever to you and your clients.
As one of the largest compounding pharmacies in the U.S. serving more than 30,000 human- and animal-health prescribers, we have the people, facilities and commitment you demand for you, your patients and your clients. If there’s a challenge faced by housecall and mobile veterinarians, we’ve faced it and developed a solution:
- Is inventory control critical? 95% of the prescriptions we receive ship within one business day. Overnight shipping is always available, too, to your office or to your client.
- Does convenience count? You can order online 24/7 online at Order.WedgewoodPetRx.com. Use our powerful search engine to locate the precise medication, dosage, dosage form and flavor you need … in just seconds. Order from a list of your most frequently ordered medications. Learn about drug shortages and how we may be of help. Compare from among the many innovative dosage forms we offer to find the most cost-effective one. After you order, we’ll confirm it by email and provide shipment-tracking information. And we'll ship to your office or directly to your client.
- Does cost matter? 47% of veterinarians report that costs are rising; drugs and medical supplies are a veterinary practice's largest variable expense, representing $16,804 on average. So we’ve lowered prices on scores of commonly prescribed veterinary medications.
- Do you have a reliance on compliance? Earning the trust of a new client is a key part of building client loyalty and repeat business. Compliance with medication regimes can help to build trust. In fact, 93% of veterinarians report that compliance monitoring has a positive impact on their practices. We've pioneered an array of compliance-friendly dosage forms that are easier to administer, to help your clients make sure that the animals in your care take the medicine you prescribe.
- Is quality critical? You can count on our sophisticated facilities, people, systems and controls. Every prescription you write is checked for accuracy several times before it ships. Even our customer care specialists must pass a state-approved examination before they pick up the telephone. And, should there be a question about quality, you can trust that we stand behind our work, including maintaining substantial professional and professional liability insurance.
- Do you need information … now? You and your clients also can turn to our online learning center for scores of professional monographs, medication information for horse owners and hundreds of articles from our partner, PetMD.
Turn to Wedgewood Pharmacy to help maintain the health of the animals in your care.
As one of the nation's largest compounding pharmacies, our specialized compounding pharmacists have helped to solve unique medication problems for veterinarians since 1981. We have the experience and resources to help you to solve many complex medication-compliance issues.
If you do not find the specific compounded medication, dosage form and/or flavor that meets your needs, please telephone our customer care specialists at 800.331.8272.
We have relied on these expert sources for some of the information on this page.